Double edged sword? (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 20:45 (3262 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The Thorn DoT rewards skilled play if you can tag them and then keep out of sight, so removing the DoT altogether might be too extreme - if someone gets the drop on me or outshoots me, I deserve it. I just wish it didn't get those postmortems after I've beaten someone.

I mean, the entire genre is based on individual firefights where the winner is the one with the most skill (or occasionally luck). Thorn lets you circumvent that to a degree.

What if the DoT stops if the Thorn user dies? I think I would no longer have an issue with it then, and it would provide incentive to eliminate the target rather than run.

I've been kind of juggling this one around in my brain: what if the Thorn user and his target both burn when the shooter hits the target? Not really possible, I just like the idea of Thorn cutting both ways, like a scale of justice (it would get tricky if you started burning multiple enemies, and how much burn was incurred or would it stack, who gets credit if the shooter burns to death, etc).

This sounds crazy and stupid... and provides a good argument against always using Thorn.

I like it!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread