But that's not what I'm talking about (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:07 (3262 days ago) @ someotherguy

In a high tension ToO match, the stakes are high, you're on edge, trying to win. You get hit with the poison and it makes you panic. THAT, is how it beats you. Well, if you are the same level that is :P[/size]

No. I kill the man. He's dead because I got the jump on him, or outmaneuvred him, or because I have better aim. Or even just because I got lucky. He's already dead and I've won the fight. And then I die, because lingering damage lets him kill me despite my performance being better than his.

So I'm staying out of this argument for the most part, but this piece makes me wonder:

Are you saying that ANY kill that happens AFTER YOU DIE is inherently unfair... or JUST Thorn kills?

That is: if I know I'm outgunned, and I believe I'm going to die, I'll often throw a grenade at the end of a fight, even though doing so means I don't get in one or two more shots (which might have succeeded in killing my opponent) - because I KNOW that the grenade damage will kill him after I'm dead. I'm okay with this - it's a choice I've made. Is this unfair?

If it's not, why not?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread