But that's not what I'm talking about (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:22 (3261 days ago) @ Revenant1988

If I get killed by Thorn, 9 times out of 10 it's the impact damage that kills me, not the poison.

And that's fine. I've said so many times that if I'm beaten in a straight shootout (or even a lopsided one) I'm cool with it. If you're better than me I'll be dead, and you'll be alive - that's the entire FPS dynamic.

Agree to disagree, dude.
I'm telling y'all it's all in your head.

I don't understand. Am I supposed to believe that the times I've been postmortemed (or got one - I've been known to pull out Thorn on occasion) didn't happen?

If your argument was "Yeah it does that and I think it's fair" then I'd understand. I'd disagree, but I'd get it. But the argument as far as I understand is "Nah, that doesn't happen, don't be silly. It just gets in your head is all".

Maybe it doesn't happen to you, but it happens to me (and others, evidently) frequently. Don't act like it's a non-issue just because it doesn't happen to you. (Also please stop suggesting I "not panic" when I've said multiple times that that's not the problem.)

Side note: It's also not that I notice Thorn more often. I always know what kills me, because I check the top-right corner.

The gun is fine for normal play, ToO is what needs some tweaking. The only way for it all to be "fair" is Final Destination, no items, Fox McCloud only.

It doesn't need to be "fair". Few Exotics are. Just let it be a reflection of skill, rather than bridging a skill gap by messing with the fundamental FPS dynamic.

My proposal would be just to stop the DoT if the wielder dies - would let a skilled player save themself while still keeping most of it's current usefulness (and still melting people who try to run instead of fight).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread