Maybe you suck at Crucible? (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 13:22 (3262 days ago) @ Avateur

You're all crazy.

If I get killed by Thorn, 9 times out of 10 it's the impact damage that kills me, not the poison.

The poison only gets me if I've already taken damage from somewhere else.

Enemy player A shoots me, but I kill him.

Enemy player B hits me once with Thorn, and it finishes me off. Or I try to run around the corner, and then the poison gets me, because I was already weakened.

9 times out of 10, eh? I don't buy it. Thorn's impact is rarely what kills me or the people I play with. You were willing to go so far as to blame an entire game type above. You were dead wrong years ago about Boltshot. You have a bad track record in weapon balancing convos. Pretty sure the people in this thread aren't crazy.

Agree to disagree, dude.

I'm telling y'all it's all in your head.

The gun is fine for normal play, ToO is what needs some tweaking. The only way for it all to be "fair" is Final Destination, no items, Fox McCloud only.

It's been this way without Trials. Again, at this point I'm convinced that you mostly have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe we all need to go in and play some games and record how many times we get killed by it ;)

My whole crew did last night while openly discussing this thread. I nearly recorded about 11 videos backing my point and others' here for you, but I decided, and I think your post backs my decision, that it's not worth the time.

Why you do this? You play this game, where you "agree" with me on something, and then attempt to belittle me. On point:

Dude, you and I don't see eye to eye on anything, and I was "dead wrong" about the boltshot, eh?

Not in a million years.

343 did what 343 likes to do, which is try to please everyone, thus pleasing no one. So when the most vocal of complainers piss and moan that the BS needed to change, they did it to appease what player base they have left. For all I try to defend them with, they have a -terrible- habit of not doing what they say, and not saying what they mean. "14 day buy and play" comes to mind.

It wasn't because the gun was broken, you doofus, if was to keep their crumbling population for crumbling further.

"We heard your cries and agree, the boltshot is OP and needs to be tweaked!" really meant "Please don't stop playing our game! We'll do whatever you want! Just play!"

Thorn.

In a previous post you mention you haven't even used Thorn yourself... So how, exactly, is that supposed to make your points, uh...valid?

Oh, you get killed with it a lot? So that must make you qualified enough to say it needs to be nerfed. Riiiiiiiight.

Tell ya what, do the Thorn bounty, level the gun, and take it for a spin in Crucible.

If you go on an undisputed, multiple game spanning, run of absolute destruction with it, I'll hear you out.

But until you actually use the thing, I will hear none of your arguments, because they lack KEY input.

I suggest that this is where you and I part ways, conversationally.

Historically, we see eye to eye on nothing.

We know how to push each others buttons.

Neither of us is going to sway the other.

Time to move along.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread