I don't get you people, at all. Maybe Thorn isn't the issue. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 17:31 (3262 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

To me, Thorn is a tool, best used in the right context.

Which is how all guns should be.

Thorn is a gun that is designed to get in your head- to trick you into making a bad decision.

Personally, people keep saying this, but it doesn't for me. At all. I care more about the DoT than the UI effects. Which I might add, does make a difference between a kill and not.

You get caught out in the open, doesn't matter what the weapon is- odds are you gon die.

So you are saying that a thorn user wins against every other primary when you can't duck behind cover? That sir is stupid. Mainly because it's actually the opposite. Thorn's DoT should make a thorn user want to duck into cover after the DoT takes affect.

No, I'm saying that if you are out in the open it doesn't matter WHAT is shooting at you, you are probably dead.

You get shot by a player two levels above you, with power advantages enabled - you gon die. weapon doesn't matter.

Well yeah. Chah.

In a high tension ToO match, the stakes are high, you're on edge, trying to win. You get hit with the poison and it makes you panic. THAT, is how it beats you. Well, if you are the same level that is :P

I still disagree with the fact that Thorn wins by making people panic. Equal skill and composure, thorn will win against other primaries.

See I don't- Thorn is the only gun (correct me if I'm wrong) that does something to the targets hud, to let them know they've been tagged. Flash Grenades do this, but they are grenades so we'll let them pass.

In a NORMAL crucible game, you don't freak out, because the stakes aren't as high. In IB or ToO however, you get tagged, you need to seek cover, fast.

The fact is, in crucible, your deaths don't don't matter like they do in ToO.

ToO is the problem, not Thorn.

I would like to try it again, on a map I've played more and without radar. I think Radar is not right for this game type, but I know that majority would rather have it. Ehh.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread