I don't get you people, at all. Maybe Thorn isn't the issue. (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:00 (3262 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by Avateur, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:24

Just for clarity's sake, I just want to let you know, in all objectivity and fairness, that I like Thorn. I also want to let you know that I have not used Thorn. Not once. Not on my account or anyone else's accounts that I've played on. But I still like Thorn. I like going up against people who use Thorn, especially if in a game mode like Trials. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not against Thorn at all. If it stays the same forever because Bungie agrees with you and doesn't view it as overpowered, I'm okay with that.

My posts above in this thread primarily reflect that I still feel the gun is overpowered (even if I personally don't mind it), as well as some Hand Cannons in general when compared to the other guns in the game. I feel that this is regardless of game mode.

I also COMPLETELY agree with you about how people approach players with Thorn. I don't care what game type you're in. If you know someone has Thorn, or if you're anticipating everyone having it, there are certain ways of dealing with those situations. Thorn still may take you down and have an inherent edge in many situations (sneaky or otherwise), but there are a few ways to beat the other gamer by using skill. Strafing like in Halo actually still works, especially if you can make the Thorn wielder miss a shot or two while landing your own. Just saying.

Additionally, I fully feel that Thorn is nowhere near as overpowered as the Boltshot was in a game like Halo, whether in Trials or any other game mode. I just threw this statement in here to give you an idea of where I stand in comparison since you know I fought tooth and nail against pro-Boltshot arguments years ago.

I also disagree that the game mode is the problem. I almost feel like this is a "wait and see" approach to balancing. Either Bungie will release something that nerfs Hand Cannons in general a bit (potentially targeting Thorn specifically on top of whatever general changes they make), or they won't. If they do, I'd call that an admission of things being overpowered or unbalanced, especially if they then provide buffs to other weapon types.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread