okay (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 12:12 (2907 days ago) @ MartyTheElder

I do want to chime in and say thanks. Not just for this, but for always being so open and kind to fans.

A: You're welcome but come on Kermit, not even one question?

I asked several the other day, but since you're prompting me.... We all know religion and politics are verboten on bungie.org, but I think you can probably answer this question and the next.

Q: Civil discourse and mutual respect are rare these days. Persuasion, reason, and agreeing to disagree have been supplanted by intimidation, shaming, and assuming the worst motives of anyone who disagrees. In some institutions this is a greater factor than it is in others. Can you speak to the atmosphere in game development?

Q: Has there ever been a plotline or another element in a game you worked on that bothered you on a philosophical level?

Q: It's an undisputed truth that Miguel is Bungie's #1 fan. When will you begin accepting applications for Highwire's #1 fan? ;)

Kermit, not only will I answer even after I said "and scene" but I'll let you break the rules and ask multiple questions.

A: Two types of people that have no place in a creative collaborative environment: a bully, and someone who's passive aggressive.
There are game development studios that allow those people to have power and that isn't good. It's not good anywhere - including politics.

A: I'm not a fan of gratuitous violence or language. It's a personal thing and I've been able to convince people to avoid it. So far, no plot-line has bothered me, that I had to ship.

A: Applications are now open for Highwire Games #1 fan!

Great answers. I abandoned the pretense of putting each question in a different post, but those first two started out as one question. It took me a while to formulate them without breaking bungie.org guidelines. The last question was for fun. :)

Thanks so much, Marty!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread