Awesome analysis. Thanks!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, July 05, 2013, 23:30 (3958 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And finally, oh look, a tank sitting just beyond the inside of the wall:

[image]

I somehow did not notice that before. Looks pretty awesome.

The sense I get from Destiny, is that this time around Bungie has a universe that they really believe in, not one that they put together after the first game turns out of be a success. It seem like Destiny will have more purpose, more environmental clues, and more details to find than Halo’s sometimes stale levels. I sure hope it does anyway!

This is great. I hadn't thought about how much the environment alone says about the history of the area in the demonstration. I love how the tank is all overgrown with foliage. Wasn't that one of the art directions Staten and Barrett mentioned in the GDC presentation? The organic taking over? It seems like a great way to take the familiar and turn it into something alien and exciting. I wonder how much information about Earth's past will be given to us in expository material versus environmental detail like we see here. Exploring these ancient locations is going to be a blast.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread