Advent Rising.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, July 15, 2013, 22:23 (3940 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I couldn't really think of any except maybe Tomb Raider games, but those are 'in' now, right?

(Haven't played the new one yet, but even though they weren't super-innovative, I thought the next-gen trilogy [Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld] before the reboot was full of nostalgic fun and actually showed some interesting character development for Lara.)

But then I remembered the tragic Advent Rising! A game which you WILL find four copies of at every used game store (marked at $3). It was rushed, glitchy, and seemed to be missing huge fragments, but man I thought it was EPIC, especially the Maw-run-like vehicle sequence about a third (?) of the way through the game. Also had some good tracks from Jack Wall.

I guess Enter the Matrix might have also been one. Such a terrible, terrible game, and the most glitches I've ever experienced in one sitting. I remember getting my head stuck in a ceiling and my legs just flailing around as I tried to run away. But boy did I love running up walls and pretending I was Neo for five days on the grace of Blockbuster.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread