Your Gaming Guilty Pleasures *OT*

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 20:12 (3939 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The survival mode in Driv3r is the most hilariously awesome thing I've played. You're in a car in one of three cities, you can't get out of the car, the police are driving ridiculously overpowered cars, and the physics are wonderfully awful. You lose when the police have rammed your car enough to destroy it, but the police cars are so overpowered, the AI is so simple, and the physics are so bad that they'll launch themselves over you.

From a standing start the police cars will do a wheelie when they start after you. If they pin your car agaist something they will just keep piling more and more police cars on top of you like something out of the Blues Brothers. Late coming police cars will ramp off of the pile and go flying into buildings. Sometimes hitting curbs just right will send you flying over skyscrapers.

The game is bad, but I don't think I've laughed as hard playing any other game as I have with Driv3r. I still have a copy, even though I don't have an original Xbox anymore. One of these days I'll pick up another one just to play it again.

Here's a video:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread