Your Gaming Guilty Pleasures *OT*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 06:49 (3940 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Ragashingo, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 07:04

I've been trying to come up with a game that fits the guilty pleasure description and just can't… I like all the games that I like without reservation. The closest thing at all would be Final Fantasy XIII who's storytelling and gameplay I both enjoyed while the rest of the world seemed a bit meh on.

So how about taking it offline. I've got two things I'm hesitant to admit to:

1. I actually really liked Speed Racer (2008). Yes, it was a bit cheesy. Yes Speed's little brother and his pet monkey were stupid. But there was something about it. It had wonderfully exciting racing sequences. It had a neat semi-realistic feel for all those goofy over the top cars. But what's more, the story was about the spirit and integrity of racing that really struck home with me. I saw it in 3D and came home with a smile and I don't care what anybody else says. :)

2. Oh dear… I can't believe I'm admitting this… *winces* Pogs. The only… ultimately unpopular… fad I've ever been caught up in. For a couple of months every kid in school had Pogs and I had to have me some Pogs and I got some Pogs and the fad went pop and I'm never going to mention it again. Certainly not a guilty pleasure NOW, but it was a pleasure I once had that I feel quite guilty about today, so that counts, right?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread