Your Gaming Guilty Pleasures *OT*

by Das Kalk, Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 13:30 (3940 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - People gave this game SO much flak. It's definitely not up to par with the glory of the N64 titles, but how could it be? Those games are considered to be masterworks... I love the creativity and openness of the game, and it retains that B&K humor through and through.

Just Cause 2 - Less of a guilty pleasure, more of a hidden gem. This game rivals even Saints Row for pure, unadulterated open world madness. Story is hilariously bad (in a good way), and it has such a great set of sandbox toys, and it's on the steam sale with all of the additional content for 15$ right now. GO BUY IT. You already missed it for half that price 2 days ago!

Brink - I liked it way more than everyone else seemed to. A bit like a combination of Mirror's Edge and a more objective based MP mode like generator defense. I liked it quite a bit.

Syndicate - I LOVED this game. Such a strong aesthetic identity and the game just FEELS good. It's got crazy tight controls, amazing soundtrack, and a really engaging multiplayer mode, yet everybody seemed to think is was bland, shallow, and "just another shooter".

Dead Island - People seem to rag on it incessantly... I love Dead Island. There's something about throwing a knife at a zombie, walking up to it, yanking the knife out, punching it in the face, and then throwing the knife at the next zombie that never gets old. Sure, it's rough around the edge, but the core of it is strong enough to keep me coming back.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread