I've been thinking about this as well. (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 14:29 (2815 days ago) @ someotherguy

My thoughts here are no where near organized or coherent by any means. But I have had this on my mind since launch.

I've played a TON of destiny and I'm quickly approaching the magical number of 2080 hours played in game. That's a whole year of work at a normal 9-5 job. Not sure how I still have a career, girlfriend, life, etc... with that much play time in.

When RoI dropped I picked up 2300 silver to drop into radiant packages and get some of the weapon ornaments along with whatever else I managed to get. I really dislike the RNG+Real Money system in general. Instead of paying $20 to play the lottery, I'd rather just pony up $5 for a weapon skin that I love and be guaranteed that one. In fact, I'd probably pay more money this way then I will with purchasing packages. I don't mind the cosmetic stuff being available for real world money.

With that 2300 silver I picked up 11 Radiant Packages from Eververse. I'm guessing that the ornaments are heavily weighted towards new weapons compared to others. I don't have the exact break down of what I got. but Here's what I still have:

From purchased packages:
- 3 Iron Ornaments
- 2 different skins for the trespasser. (dismantled a 3rd)
- 2 Invective skins of the same type (dismantled 2nd)
- 2 different Nemesis Star Skins.
- 2 Khvostov skins of the same type (dismantled 2nd)
- 1 Telesto skin
- 1 Zhalo Supercell skin

From dropped packages:
- 1 Nemesis Star (duplicate)
- 1 Khvostov skin (duplicate)

Silver Dust Purchases:
- Monochrome Artifact
- Silver Dust to add skins to weapons

I'm not a fan of the system in general. I do appreciate the extra cosmetic stuff being available, I just HATE that it's still RNG based. That's just lazy/bad/punishing design for your players that typically love this game. I'd be fine with the RNG based reward packages if they actually allowed you to straight out buy the ornaments you want and then leave the random weekly ones up to a rng based package.

Some things I'd like to see:
- Purchase ornaments directly instead of RNG. Like emotes are now.
- Give back silver dust/ornaments if you dismantle a piece of gear with them applied.
- RNG based packages as rewards.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread