What's wrong with this view... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 20:33 (2810 days ago) @ Earendil

I'm unfamiliar with all of the details, so thanks for providing what you have. I'm curious if, based on what you know, you think the following viewpoint is inconstant with the facts.

There is an RNG system in game that allows you to slowly acquire in game items.
There is an additional system in game that allows a player to pay to speed up that RNG processes.

Maybe the pay system is more expensive than people want a pay system to be, but it's still a pay system for an RNG system, yes? So I don't think I'm heart broken that those with more disposable income than me (or different priorities) go through the same RNG system I have to. Is this thinking wrong?

For me, it's not a big deal, nothing to get upset about... it's just kinda gross. It's just about the head-space I'm in when I play video games. I buy a game, I want to escape into it and not have these constant little pokes; "for only $X you could buy Y!". I have no problem walking through a shopping mall and not spending any money... I just don't like it when playing my videogames starts to feel like walking through the mall.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread