You could be right, but if so it's been poorly communicated (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 17:42 (2810 days ago) @ Earendil

I actually can't fault your argument, but I feel like there's been a communication error if that's the intention, because I don't know anyone else who feels that way.

Perhaps it's the lack of real-world analogues (at least, I can't think of anything), or that you have to go through the official sony and Microsoft storefronts in order to make a purchase, or because that's not how people are used to making in-game purchases, or a combination of all three, but I don't feel like that's the way it's being sold to you.

To me at least, it's sold as a mystery box. A purchaseable random item, because random is fun and exciting. If the intention is that it's just your weekly one, but you're "skipping ahead" as it were, that's been poorly communicated.

Of course, it's functionally identical really. But there are definitely people buying them as mystery boxes regardless, and those are the people who are losing out whether by accident or design.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread