60 FPS is not automatically better (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, July 03, 2017, 16:59 (2498 days ago) @ Ragashingo

But as we've said before, you then get into the discussion of priorities, and where precision ranks on each player's personal ladder.

Not only that, but also where fast paced, twitchy, “the enemy can slingshot around a building and shotgun you before you know what’s happening” gameplay ranks on each player’s personal ladder. I’ve spent a decade and a half avoiding games like that! Even though I know it shouldn’t, all this talk about the superiority of 60fps does get a little mixed with my dislike or complete non-interest in the games being used as the shinning examples of the advantages of higher frame rate.

I guess it just feels a little funny that this whole discussion is revolving around Crash Bandicoot and Titanfall, and I gotta ask: Are there any good games that run at 60fps? ;)

Hah, well I would ask in return "do you dislike those games because their controls are more responsive?" ;p

But to your point, the games where 60fps is more important are games that tend to be extremely fast paced, and if those games aren't your thing than you're obviously less likely to care about it so much.

But the point I was trying to make earlier was more academic than that. I'm basically just saying that games that run at 60fps have faster, more responsive controls than games that don't. Rather than people arguing that it does or doesn't matter, I think we could all agree that it makes a difference, and it's up to each individual whether or not they care about that difference.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread