A stupid reason to not buy PS4 (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 08, 2017, 11:22 (2302 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I too would love to live in this world of sunshine and rainbows, but corporations are not people. No company (outside of Volvo) is going to throw away a huge profit over doing "the right thing", especially when it's mainly the hard-headed userbase of its main/ailing competitor crying for it.

A happy medium would be to allow cross platform saves and data. So while you might not be able to play with your Xbox friends while on your PS4, you could take your character, items, and saves and get online later on your Xbox to do so.

It would be very helpful in Destiny for example - being able to log into your character on whatever platform you want.

And that would be great, but at the same time, it would greatly increase the value of timed exclusive content, since that would be something that could be lorded over people, and no doubt Xbox players would throw a fit about things being unbalanced. I mean, look at how indignant they act now about content that doesn't affect them directly at all, because "I paid the same amount for less content".

Sure, Bungie could lock the Playstation exclusive content (I'd be perfectly fine with that, as long as it's for weaponry, not armors, since those don't grant advantages). But then it opens a whole new can of worms regarding content that you paid for (such as Eververse content)...

I dunno. It's all a bitmore complicated issue than "it's the right thing to do".

That said, I'm pretty sure Bungie could circumvent the entire thing with their own system and a simple understanding with the community (DE's done it with PC/Playstation before)...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread