A good reason to dislike Sony (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, December 08, 2017, 16:03 (2301 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Sure, the excuse that Sony gave for not supporting it between consoles was dumb, but people act as though Sony is keeping all of the balls to itself and going home. As it stands, the real winners of cross-plat play are the PC players, since their platform doesn't compete directly with either Sony or Microsoft, and nowadays they have been getting more games that used to be exclusive to Xbox.

Not really following how this isn't Sony keeping all of the balls to itself and going home.

Because they do support PC crossplay. Just because they aren't giving up their huge playerbase to Xbox doesn't mean that they aren't willing to play ball with others.

I just think it should reflect poorly on Sony that they're doing this. I think it's ok to be frustrated with Sony's splintering of communities. It'd have been cool to enjoy all of the PS4 exclusives and to have paid Sony money instead of Microsoft to play Destiny 1 on the console it was clearly optimized for, if they didn't have this arbitrary rule that I can't play cross-platform, let alone use my character across platform. As it stands, Sony hasn't gotten any money from me for D1 or D2, and I rarely play my PS4 because of that...

Huh... Kind of hard to believe that, when crossplay only became a recent conversation, and Destiny 1 came out in 2014, when Microsoft was the one explicitly preventing crossplay while Sony was explicitly open to it at the time. Where was your anger towards Microsoft then? .. but whatever you say, man.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony doesn't reverse their decision. I'm just hopeful and think it would be better for everyone if they did. If they do, I'd bother to renew my PS+ and upgrade to a PS4 Pro.

Honestly, if the exclusives or PS+ games aren't getting you to play the PS4 or upgrade to the Pro, then that's entirely on you, and not a result of their crossplay decisions, I think. It's clearly not hurting them any, so no, they'll likely never reverse that decision. I just think the Xbox fanboys should stop being salty about it, because it's a good business decision to keep the Xbox playerbase out of its cookie jar.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread