A stupid reason to not buy PS4 (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 08, 2017, 11:31 (2329 days ago) @ Korny

And that would be great, but at the same time, it would greatly increase the value of timed exclusive content, since that would be something that could be lorded over people, and no doubt Xbox players would throw a fit about things being unbalanced. I mean, look at how indignant they act now about content that doesn't affect them directly at all, because "I paid the same amount for less content".

A wrinkle yes, but easily fixed if the items are just greyed out and unusable on Xbox.

Sure, Bungie could lock the Playstation exclusive content (I'd be perfectly fine with that, as long as it's for weaponry, not armors, since those don't grant advantages). But then it opens a whole new can of worms regarding content that you paid for (such as Eververse content)...

Presumably you could only buy platform exclusive content if you have that platform. Not seeing the can of worms here…

That said, I'm pretty sure Bungie could circumvent the entire thing with their own system and a simple understanding with the community (DE's done it with PC/Playstation before)...

if Bungie had an understanding of the community, they would not be making Destiny the way they are re: loot boxes and DLC content locking.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread