A stupid reason to not buy PS4 (Gaming)

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, December 08, 2017, 12:31 (2322 days ago) @ Korny

The only game even associated with Xbox was the non-exclusive Cuphead [...]

Cuphead is an exclusive. If a PC release disqualifies a game from being considered exclusive, we can't even have the exclusives argument concerning Xbox anymore, as MS is pushing for Xbox exclusives to also exist on PC.

Cuphead is not an exclusive. I can play it on PC, which I am doing when I have the time. And you are 100% right about the rest. The few Xbox One games I have any interest in are also on PC, so zero reason to buy an Xbox One.

Also the reason I didn't bring up games such as Nier: Automata, or Hellblade (both of which won well-deserved awards); they aren't true PS4 exclusives, but you won't be getting either on Xbox anytime soon (though I'd love for Hellblade to be available on Xbox, because it deserves even more success), but even if you didn't count them, Sony was looking good for audiences last night with true exclusives like Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn both up for the GotY.

"we can't even have the exclusives argument concerning Xbox anymore, as MS is pushing for Xbox exclusives to also exist on PC"

Right, which only makes Xbox look worse, since the console itself is not a priority for Microsoft anymore, which can only further hurt its playerbase (good luck to those who invested in the Xbone X...).

Point is, I just don't see how people are still wondering why Sony isn't throwing the Xbox crowd a bone, when Microsoft themselves seem content enough with kicking their own dog. How come nobody is crying about them being the "bad guy"? Is it Stockholm syndrome, or something?

I honestly don't know, man.

How is caring more about the platform than the hardware a "bad thing?" Microsoft's trying to make it easier to play games, they just want you to play on their OS, essentially. I mean, it sounds like you're defending exclusivity? Last I checked, that was something we all universally hated?

The best case scenario for gamers is to be able to play what we want, when we want, where we want, on whatever hardware we want. Microsoft is moving in that direction, Sony is not. How does that make Microsoft "the bad guy?" It's not like they're abandoning Xbox as a piece of hardware or as a platform?

I don't think Sony should throw anyone a bone, but when every platform is now cross-platform capable except PS4, the amount of players on every other platform other than PS4 is much larger than PS4's install base.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread