4K stuff. (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 15, 2018, 13:29 (2286 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Korny, Monday, January 15, 2018, 13:44

There are lots of places where I will pay money to have a better experience. Using a TV's built-in apps has always been a garbage experience. Sadly, the insistence on "unifying" the app experience (Netflix is one of the worst for this) is dragging everything down to the lowest common denominator.

Yes I agree, which is why I prefer to use a computer attached to the TV. But I have to use the smart app because amazon video can't establish an HDCP link between my computer and the TV, and thus streams everything in SD which fucking blows.

I have literally had to pirate things I paid for with amazon because it won't let me watch it in HD.

You could get a cheap HDMI splitter with HDCP stripping. It's what I have that lets me stream/capture HDCP-blocked content (take THAT, Atlus!). I use the ViewHD 4K HDMI Splitter (Model: VHD-Pluto). Cost about $18, but I don't think that it supports HDR (says that it has "Deep Color" support), but there are some that do, so get to researching!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread