A pet peeve of mine (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 13:38 (2348 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I started D2 on Xbox last week before God of War cane out, and I did a Lost Sector in the EDZ. You go into a cave with Fallen, and you emerge into this clearing with a domed building in it, and the sunlight is beaming in through an opening in the ceiling and it’s gorgeous. I had to stop and stare it at, and walk around it, and look at the map and tried to think about what was above and where that building used to be. I’ve probably been in that cave a dozen times before, but this was the first time I’d really noticed what it was. Maybe that’s not the game’s fault, but I think it partly is, because the only reason anyone goes in that cave anyway is to get the loot chest at the end of it, and the game is inherently built around loot and collecting those tokens. I don’t think the game is paced appropriately to give those spaces and moments the time to sink in.

Raga's next prompt:

Take a screenshot of a space in Destiny or Destiny 2, and write a backstory for/about it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread