Loved it. I have one critique. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 26, 2018, 15:19 (2347 days ago) @ Robot Chickens
edited by Kermit, Thursday, April 26, 2018, 15:39

I thought the setting was intriguing and I was happy to see guardians doing things my character does in my head (gameplay shouldn't determine the possibilities of a world IMO).

My only critique came as I remembered Cody's edit of the end of Halo 4 where he cut out the Master Chief's portion of the dialogue. Less is more with a lot of the dialogue and I'd rather they go the "show, don't tell" route.

Dude, let us know you're linking to a movie! I downloaded three copies before I figured out why a second tab wouldn't open.

I love Cody's edit. I campaigned for his fix before he made it.

I didn't really have any complaints about the voice over. Maybe some of those lines would've worked a little better as a dialogue between Ana and her ghost? The "I'm not good with rules" was a bit silly and the same gist could have been communicated with a smirk, and eyes narrowing as she mentions the stakes.

To the extent it works it works because it's a voice over. It is Ana's thoughts. And we don't know Ana very well yet. If I knew Ana Bray as well as I know Master Chief, I might have more issues with it. I think voice overs can be kind of cheap, but Bungie has used them often. (I'm glad we never heard them with Master Chief--it doesn't fit his character for us to know his inner thought.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread