Faction Rallies! (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 15:10 (2149 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 15:15

Big changes, that I think are great.

Pledging to a faction should be a meaningful choice.

• Players may now only pledge to one faction per account during a Faction Rallies event
  • Reputation progress is retained through multiple events, and it will not be reset during the season, even if a player changes allegiance
  • Each faction offers unique rewards, such as Exotic armor ornaments or Masterwork Catalysts for Exotic weapons

We are planning to host three Faction Rallies events over the course of Season 3

• Dead Orbit will offer the Eye of Another World ornament and the Graviton Lance Catalyst
  • New Monarchy will offer the Crest of Alpha Lupi ornament and the Sweet Business Catalyst
  • Future War Cult will offer the Knucklehead Radar ornament and the Sunshot Catalyst

I'm glad that pledging a Faction will actually mean something now, rather than just running three characters through on different factions. Really going to be a tough choice between Dead Orbit and Future War Cult for me.

And a new Renown system, that acts a sort of modifier. Get Renown by killing High Value Targets or doing Public Events. It stacks (no mention of what the cap is). The higher the Renown, the more tokens you'll get in Lost Sectors. It also lowers damage resistance, increases enemy damage output, and lowers health regen. Renown is lost upon death. With Renown active, you can see what Faction other players have pledged.

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread