I think it's another example of Bungie's flawed "fixes". (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, June 01, 2018, 10:09 (2156 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I wouldn’t want to be locked into a faction forever, but I’d like to see it get to a point where I feel okay really actually pledging to a faction and never deviating from that faction, rather than just treating it as a checklist full of gear. I don’t know how to accomplish that. Some sort of actual community goals for factions that have real game/story affects that we can see would be nice. (Cue Korny talking about Warframe or something).

[image]

-Factions have unique questlines, all dealing with different aspects of the game's lore, and giving you access to unique loot (usually a Warframe that's tied to their quest's story).
-Your allegiance to a faction causes your reputation with opposing factions to diminish, almost irrevocably so.
-Allied Factions also level up, but at a reduced rate, and they offer missions as well that can boost your leveling with them to give you access to their reward pools.
-Every player gets their own daily set of daily faction missions. If you play with someone in the same Faction (or an ally of your faction), you can double the number of missions available to you. Faction missions all contain hidden collectables that you use to gain more standing with that faction. There is no cap to how many of these collectibles you can get per day, which encourages you to play with various people in your faction.
-Enemy factions will occasionally send distinct enemy groups to sabotage your missions.
-Every faction has a tiered reward pool that opens up as you level them up, including exotic variants of the game's weapons (with faction-exclusive perks), faction-themed cosmetics, and even scenes for the game's 8-player Photo/Theater mode.
-You can trade with players allied to enemy factions, as you are each other's only way to acquire a number of the rewards.

Also, despite the fact that Warframe's tone is that of a Rankin-Bass era cartoon, the game's writers aren't afraid to go places. One faction's questline deals with a character that has Asperger's, another deals with a child whose people infect with a fatal brain disease (for the greater good). It's good stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread