I think it's another example of Bungie's flawed "fixes". (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 01, 2018, 07:49 (2146 days ago) @ Korny

So... why wouldn't you just pledge to one faction, grind Renown like nobody's business; and then pledge to a different faction on the next rally, rinse and repeat?

I agree that aspects of the changes feel like railroading, I have different classes that always pledge to their respective factions and I'm pretty bummed that I almost certainly won't cop all the gear I want from here on out.

HOWEVER, I imagine that this is a "gentler" way to differentiate loot among the player base, while strengthening the significance of faction gear. In the same way a full set of Prestige Raid armor says something, so too will faction kit. It means something now; but the opportunity to collect had to be reduced to get us there. Would be nice if gear (or gear sets) had unique traits like Raid stuff.

I'm gonna wait until after the rally to decide how I really feel. Seeing Dead Orbit win one will be nice, even if the game is thrown before it even starts. But at least those durn Space Republicans won't win again!!! Nyeh!

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread