I think it's another example of Bungie's flawed "fixes". (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, June 01, 2018, 09:02 (2149 days ago) @ Malagate

I think they’re try to get folks to accept that you’ll never have every piece of gear. I can understand why some hate that, but I personally like that. I know that’s sort of hypocritical given the stances I normally take on gating content.

In a way, this sort of caters to casual players too. Now I don’t feel like I’m missing out by running three characters with three different factions. It’s not really that different, as I assume most will still run three characters and completely knock out one faction per rally.

I totally understand why folks wouldn’t like this, and logically I agree. But in my gut, I like this change.

I wouldn’t want to be locked into a faction forever, but I’d like to see it get to a point where I feel okay really actually pledging to a faction and never deviating from that faction, rather than just treating it as a checklist full of gear. I don’t know how to accomplish that. Some sort of actual community goals for factions that have real game/story affects that we can see would be nice. (Cue Korny talking about Warframe or something).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread