Give it time. (Criticism)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 01, 2018, 10:43 (2156 days ago) @ Malagate

I think this is by design. To misapply a term, Public Events are like a honeypot for running EP. The higher LL guardians will start showing up soon and the whole process will get easier. FWIW, I think it's an investment system done right.

I dare say it's elegant.

~M

I'm not sure it's that elegant given the complaints.

I hear you, but much in the same way that a player new to Destiny at this point will see a wealth of content and activities (whereas some of us are complaining that Warmind is awfully light on the same things); if we take a step back and think about the behavior of the activity over time, it's an entirely different picture.

You in particular are going to avoid that part of the experience by not attempting until you're max light, but I think you see what I'm saying.

~M

Funkmon eloquently described above the schizophrenic nature of the Destiny community regarding difficulty, and I think agree with Mal on this. I like that there's an activity I can't complete right now. I've got something to look forward to. Destiny has always had something out of reach for me, and that's okay. I'm more sympathetic to the complaint that the raid is available too soon, but that's because there's an element that I like (blindness) that becomes harder and harder to preserve across a group as time goes on. It's imperative to have access to that content soon after it's released. (I do miss the early days--you could find blind VoG raiders here a month after it came out.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread