The Beautiful, Ugly, and Possessive Hearts of Star Wars (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 03, 2018, 20:39 (2115 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A lot of that is entirely relevant to the Destiny community and the way the game is discussed, too.

Elaborate?

I don't see any similarity at all.

Destiny never had good storytelling. The narrative was always jumbled, broken, and poorly done. The investment system was detrimental, and at times abusive. The game at one point actively deceived players. This is a far cry from a well crafted film that doesn't do exactly what some fans want.

Thank you for proving the point.

I was merely talking about the way the game is discussed. If you don't like something, it's bad, rather than something you just didn't like. I would never argue that Destiny had great (or even good) storytelling. But the fact that discussion is framed like that, as an understood set of facts, rather than a set of opinions, is the entire point I was making (or hinting at, I guess, since I didn't actually make much of a statement).

But it's not even just about Destiny's storytelling. It's just how every facet of the game is discussed. You literally can't make a positive comment about Destiny (or refute a negative one) without being buried in downvotes. That's the level of discourse about Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread