The Forsaken Grind (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 17, 2018, 10:43 (2046 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I actually think extending the grind IS a decent way to lengthen content . . . if it’s done right.

I love Destiny. I’m totally in for the grind. I will hit the cap eventually.

They shouldn’t have the Raid be the goal of that grind, though. If they had put the Raid at 520, it would have been so much better. That allows most people to experience the Raid in a timely manner. Then hard mode could be 560 or 570 to fill in that final gap, with Iron Banner (and Trials, if it was still around) also being at the top due to level advantages.

If the Raid was 520, it’s not like I’d do the raid then quit playing. I’d do the raid, then keep climbing that ladder. This also ties in to my post about Y1 armor—the more gear and stuff you have to grind for, the longer they can make that part of the game last and have folks feeling like there’s worthwhile stuff to do.

As it is now, I bet tons of people realize how much of a grind it is to get to the raid and just quit playing. I don’t think having to grind to get to thevraud is going to keep people playing, but putting the raid lower would let more people play cool content. This honestly leads me to question Bungie’s motive. It no longer feels like they give a shit if people do the raid. They’ve done a complete 180 on their stance at D2’s launch, where they actively recognized that they want more people to get on there and get it done.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread