The Forsaken Grind (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 06:30 (2018 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I agree about replaying content you aren't excited to replay, but I am not there yet. 2 more weeks maybe that will change, but for now there is not much I am not enjoying doing, even if repetitive. It rubs me the wrong way too, it just has not played out that way yet with Forsaken.

For what it's worth, that's where I am, too. I am loving everything I can do in Forsaken. The annoyance comes in because I want to do the raid, and I'm committed to do so on the 27th. That is actively at odds with trying to play the game for enjoyment. I have to forego continuing to do some activities that I'd rather do in order to chase down Powerful Engrams to make sure that I am leveled enough to do the raid. It helps that I enjoy those activities too, but it makes it feel that anything not rewarding a Powerful Engram is a waste of time, even if it's something I want to be doing.

Preach it! I'm there too. I'd love to just play a bunch of Gambit, or explore the Dreaming City, but I don't feel like I can. That sucks.

Bungie's secrecy implies that they feel the raid is best experienced blind, but their game design implies they couldn't give a shit less, at least about us common folk.

Yeah. The fact that some of the Developers are straight up posting thoughts/comments on mechanic spoilers on Twitter makes me think they do not actually care about those of us who want to run it blind, but can't chase worlds first. And that's a real bummer.

On the bright side, I am still enjoying pretty much everything. Crucible took a little longer to adjust (freaking shotguns), but my handy hand cannon and intelligent movement (don't just run around corner ya'll) mean I can clean them up before they're in range to kill me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread