The Forsaken Grind (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Monday, September 17, 2018, 10:46 (2047 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

For the purposes of this post, I'm not going to voice any judgements on whether any of this is good or bad. Just wanted to illustrate the amount of time it is taking for a "hardcore player" (<- not a term I like, but I think we all know what I mean by it) to climb up this level grind. I might reply to this post with some thoughts on the nature of the grind, but for now, I'll leave it at that.

I don't mind the grind. We needed a more gradual grind IMO. I don't mind slowly creeping up, so long as the game is fun and keeping me entertained. Most of the MMOs I have played follow this suit: Majority of players aren't grinding the raid on Day 1. To me that's OK!

Understandably, Everyone is excited and eager to get onto the new raid. I know I am!

SO, Lets imagine we were all "raid-ready" light levels this past weekend with the hours you, I and several others have put in thus far. By the end of this weekend we would have either beaten the raid, or played it long enough to get irritated/tired of banging our heads against it. See "The Taken King" raid. Then what?

Forsaken dropped 2 weeks ago tomorrow and alot of people are complaining they can't try the END GAME activity. If you have ever played a different game with Raiding, it takes time to be ready. Yes you can grind your days away to do it, but then what do you have to do until the next content drop? I feel like some people I have talked to just want to check the raid complete box and then go back to wanting more stuff to look forward to. Not everyone feels this way, and I am not even complaining, Destiny is YOUR game, play how you want. I just cant call it an END GAME activity if majority of active players are ready to raid on Day 1. Any other Non-Destiny MMO raiders that can back me up on that?

I am just trying to understand, whats the rush? Why do some people feel that just because they have put in ALOT of time these past 2 weeks, they should be able to do the raid? Maybe it is because that is how it felt in D1 and Destiny 2 expansions. I never really remember much of a grind to be able to do the raids prior to this one, maybe everyone liked that better?

I totally understand the "World's First" bologna Bungie is pushing, but that's all just for money/publicity. I imagine is just big whig corporate execs saying "hey if we push this, we get more attention and therefore more money/advertising. If we do not we "lose" out on all that". It has not made me feel the need to get there any faster. If we can go into END GAME activities 2 weeks into the expac, I would feel somewhat robbed of my money.

These are just my 2 cents, and in no way directed at anyone/group. Help me understand.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread