The Forsaken Grind (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Monday, September 17, 2018, 11:19 (2020 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I can't say one way or the other with regards to this new expansion... its too new. But I can say with regards to previoius Destiny releases that the Raids were usually the most fun to replay activities in the game for me, by miles. It wasn't even close. I spent months playing VoG and CE multiple times per week, and loved it. In theory, it's the idea of being required to constantly replay a bunch of content that I'm not excited about replaying, just to reach the content that I will actually enjoy replaying, that rubs me the wrong way.
But game is in a very different state now. So I'm not going to make any judgements at this time as to how its all shaking out. Too soon for me to say.

Definitely agree, I loved running multiple raids a weekend alongside Trials in Destiny 1(RIP). The replay-ability is important. To me there is reward in it taking some work/time to get there THEN beating it. Along with Kermit and some of his previous posts, there is personal reward after figuring out tough raid fight while being underleveled. I recall my first time trying to get the knights on Kingsfall Raid during the Oryx encounter. First couple times through this was a real dealbreaker if you couldnt get the right DPS on them. Fine-tuning the loadouts and strategy was half the fight. It felt good to finally beat Oryx under these circumstances.

I agree about replaying content you aren't excited to replay, but I am not there yet. 2 more weeks maybe that will change, but for now there is not much I am not enjoying doing, even if repetitive. It rubs me the wrong way too, it just has not played out that way yet with Forsaken.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread