Can you imagine a REAL race for "World's First?" (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, September 17, 2018, 11:22 (2047 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I actually think extending the grind IS a decent way to lengthen content . . . if it’s done right.

I love Destiny. I’m totally in for the grind. I will hit the cap eventually.

They shouldn’t have the Raid be the goal of that grind, though. If they had put the Raid at 520, it would have been so much better. That allows most people to experience the Raid in a timely manner. Then hard mode could be 560 or 570 to fill in that final gap, with Iron Banner (and Trials, if it was still around) also being at the top due to level advantages.

Imagine this:

*Normal mode starts at 530.

*The raid launches early Saturday morning (Pacific time, probably).

If Bungie can keep the servers from melting, the player population surges, people who might typically pass on the grind to reach end-game content get to experience the raid, and Bungie says, "If you liked that, you'll want to get yourself ready for the Prestige raid launching in six (eight, twelve, whatever) weeks. Oh, and because all of you bad-asses took out the threat at the heart of the city, you've shaken things up and there's new stuff to do in the city to prepare for bigger challenges. You kids have fun!"

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread