Next Gen all the way (Gaming)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 19:21 (3852 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

I did read at some point that Activision's deal with Sony will lead to a console bundle, so almost definitely a special edition PS4. That said, I'm not waiting for Destiny to buy one. I wish it was coming to PC but I'm not getting my hopes up, so PS4 is what I have preordered right now.

I have an Xbox (Day) One preordered at my local Microsoft Store, so I'll definitely be picking up Destiny for it. I also plan to get a Destiny PS4 whenever those roll out, which is the reason for me not having preordered a PS4 just yet.

My social network is on the Xbox and I definitely trust the Xbox One controllers to be great, so right now that's my primary platform for Destiny. The PS4 controller is still a big unknown, but you're right that Bungie seems to be excited about it. If it's good for them, then I bet it's at least as good as the 360 controller, which makes me happy.

Honestly, I really hope that multi-platform play will be something that happens with Destiny. That way I'll be able to play on whatever my favorite system is and not worry about missing friends on other platforms. And if true cross-platform can't happen, then I'd like to see at least 360-One and PS3-PS4 interoperability. Bungie's quietness on the subject has me a bit worried about that, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread