Maybe (Gaming)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 22:05 (3829 days ago) @ Zero

Bungie.net does provide an excellent platform for something like that so I don't see why not. Tracking not just stats but items acquired in game, which could lead to not only cross platform characters but cross title characters as well could get pretty interesting. Time will tell I suppose and reveal what Bungie has up their sleeves.

Absofrigginlutely. I've said this before, but I see zero technical reasons why they can't build a true multi-platform title with Bungie.net as the hub. Consoles these days are practically PCs, and in that realm, connected games like World of Warcraft work great no matter what platform you're on. I don't know how "friends" would work, but if Bungie.net provides an abstraction layer between the console networks, then that base is probably covered.

The only thing I see getting in the way of our "dream" implementation are legal barriers such as XBL/PSN developer license agreements. I can 100% see Bungie pushing for true multi-platform if they're allowed to, but I can also see Microsoft and Sony getting all cranky and not allowing that development behavior. I hope those two prove me wrong. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread