To be fair... (Gaming)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, October 04, 2013, 11:51 (3848 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm still playing off of my original Halo CE disc from 2002.

I still have my original disc from 2002, but I usually play off a younger one. I got the younger one probably four or five years ago after I thought the original had broken down for good. Turns out it just needed rest; if I use it a lot in a short time span, it stops loading stuff reliably. It seems like weird behaviour for an optical disc, but who am I to say what a Halo CE DVD can and can't do?

It's interesting having both, though, as there are slight differences in the peripheral details to the experience.
-The 2002 box's cover art is printed so that the metal stuff is all snazzy and reflective; the newer box is printed more normally.
-The art on the 2002 disc itself is a horizontally-flipped version of the in-game area it's showing; the art on the newer disc reverses this decision.
-The "Game Demos" section for the 2002 disc has the Fuzion Frenzy demo and whatnot; the "Game Demos" section on the newer disc has Halo 2 marketing videos.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread