Microsoft's Problem Here… (Gaming)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, October 03, 2013, 15:55 (3855 days ago) @ Ragashingo

…is how can they put the same marketing effort behind a game who's tagline is (basically): "from the studio that we let get away, you know, the one who made Halo, comes…" as you put behind something like Titanfall that's not directly linked to their world famous, platform defining series.

Sony doesn't have the problem. They can say: "The studio that you haven't had access to is now on our platform making their next great epic…" and promote the hell out of it in an effort to steal people away from Microsoft. And Microsoft's various screw ups have only helped Sony's cause. I mean heck, they've got me in the undecided camp, somewhere I did not expect to ever be.

Yeah I completely agree with you. I am interested in more XBox One games than PS4 games, but I am much less enamored with the system than I should be considering I own more than 5x more games for my 360 than my PS3. I really think Microsoft could be benefited by getting a day one exclusive content deal with Bungie too, but I don't think they will. The controller and (small) choice of exclusive games are the only two things holding me to the One at the moment.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread