Anthem (Off-Topic)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, January 24, 2019, 10:50 (1911 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The premise of the game--you and a couple of friends grind through flora and fauna for better gear and loot--seems Destiny-like, which is to say pretty generic. Class-based, but instead of focusing on solid gunplay like Destiny, focusing on movement. Is anyone excited for this game? Why or why not?

I'm honestly curious how it stacks up to the gameplay of Destiny. As you said it's very similar in style with more focus on movement and ability use/chaining abilities instead of gunplay. Definitely going to try it out. The thing that will make or break it for me is if it requires teammates to beat some content. With the focus on abilities and chaining them makes it sound like you will always need a buddy. I'm all for playing with people, but sometimes I Just want to run solo and shoot things.

After what happened to/within BioWare RE:Andromeda, I think this one bears waiting for reviews/reactions. Gameplay footage so far doesn't make me hopeful for snappy controls or tight combat like Destiny, which are going to be vital, even if the gunplay-in-a-canyon feel is mitigated by novel traversal mechanics.

I'd wager they'll make an attempt at solo-able content, but given how much Anthem seems to be cribbing from Destiny and Warframe (without much on the surface to differentiate it); I wouldn't expect to get through much of it without teammates in some form.

I'd rather EA get on with Titanfall 3 already.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread