Mixed Feelings after Playing Demo (Off-Topic)

by TheOmegaClown, Monday, January 28, 2019, 06:21 (1908 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by TheOmegaClown, Monday, January 28, 2019, 06:29

The shooting feels clunky but I had a blast figuring out the best way to pilot each javelin and how to combo abilities with teammates to be super effective. Abilities can either "prime" or "detonate" targets. You need both to pull off a combo and depending on your class and the elements you use in the combo you'll get different results. This is a game where you are definitely stronger as a team, opposed to 4 individuals doing their own thing. This may turn off some people.

This is not a game that is about gunplay (guns are the least efficient method to kill anything). Is
It's closer to an action game then a shooter. Abilities are short cooldown (even ultimates) and the emphasis seems to be on using them effectively with your mech's build.

I liked the game. Was much more team oriented than d2, and the lack of pvp means they'll be free to do some crazy things on the pve side. It's just important to go in with the expectation that it's not a shooter in the mold of bungie games (which is a welcome relief, to me).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread