Anthem Demo Thoughts (Off-Topic)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, February 02, 2019, 13:34 (1902 days ago) @ Schooly D

Overall I've had a good time. It's clearly an older build (perhaps Beta would have been a better term to use than Demo).

I played almost exclusively with friends (communication really helps with combos and such).

The flying mechanics are great! Each Javelin feels unique in flight/movement/combat.

There are a ton of modification areas for the final game that are locked in the Demo, things like extra armor, or slower overheating for flying longer, pretty much everyone is going to truly have a unique loadout.

Only being able to take out two weapons into each mission/free roam feels weird in an age of Destiny. I got use it but I would like to be able to switch if I'm 30 minutes into a Stronghold and realize my loadout is bad.

The UI/map/mission selector feels weaker than Destiny's Director. Just clucky or not as intuitive.

I'm ultimately still excited to see what BioWare is doing with Anthem. If anyone else gets it and wants to play, hit me up!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread