Anthem (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 24, 2019, 18:02 (1911 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The premise of the game--you and a couple of friends grind through flora and fauna for better gear and loot--seems Destiny-like, which is to say pretty generic. Class-based, but instead of focusing on solid gunplay like Destiny, focusing on movement. Is anyone excited for this game? Why or why not?

I'm honestly curious how it stacks up to the gameplay of Destiny. As you said it's very similar in style with more focus on movement and ability use/chaining abilities instead of gunplay. Definitely going to try it out. The thing that will make or break it for me is if it requires teammates to beat some content. With the focus on abilities and chaining them makes it sound like you will always need a buddy. I'm all for playing with people, but sometimes I Just want to run solo and shoot things.

I could have sworn I wrote you a reply earlier today. Must not have submitted it. You're right. From what I've heard the gunplay isn't as good (as expected--Bungie sets a high bar), but "supers" refresh very quickly and are kind of the focus. They've said matchmaking for everything so maybe playing alone is never an issue?

I will probably try it, although I doubt it will dethrone Destiny as my "lifestyle" game (which so many games are trying to be). Plus, I don't see it jumping ahead of RDR2 or God of War or fill-in-the-blank in my queue--might happen, but I doubt it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread