Mixed Feelings after Playing Demo (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, January 26, 2019, 13:14 (1916 days ago) @ digital_ronin

The Division is a really good comparison.

That and Anthem are much more RPGs than Destiny is, in that there seems to be a higher focus on the way skills and gear score affect how things feel. Enemies felt very spongy, and you are encouraged to use powers a lot more. Guns feels weak and sort of unresponsive, whereas with Destiny, even the worst, weakest guns fundamentally feel good.

They’re obviously very different, but I would actually say I like the way the Division feels more than Anthem. I’ve been playing that a decent amount recently, so some of that is probably down to the learning curve and feeling comfortable with controls. But still, I just don’t think Anthem feels all that great, and if this demo is any indication of its performance, I would definitely wait for a patch that addresses that. It was not running well on my One X.

I hope it’s good, I really do. I had decently high hopes for this game, especially after getting back into Mass Effect 3 multiplayer recently. As it stands, I’ll just keep playing that instead of getting Anthem.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread