Everyone has their stance, totally agree. (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, April 26, 2019, 09:26 (1830 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I mean, I was already doing strikes for pinnacle weapons and 70% of the stuff I was doing in those strikes and the Forrest, so I wasn't "grinding" for anything. I might have popped into the raid for about 10-15 minutes to finish one of the bounties which would be considered a "grind"

That’s fair enough. I haven’t even turned on Destiny in weeks. I just looked up what it took to get the gun, and it looked like a bunch of activity specific bounties. Maybe I missed something or misread.

Like I said, a lot of it is just down to me not actively playing Destiny right now. If I was, I’d probably happily do it and just see it as doing the stuff I normally do week-to-week anyway. That I’m not actively playing Destiny is the thing that turns that into a glaring flaw—it’s just the same stuff I’ve been doing for six months now. There’s not really anything new there.

It really is just a mindset thing.

For as negative as I seem, this is actually a good place for me to be regarding Destiny. There was a time when I’d have jumped in and done this just to get that weapon, and I’d have hated every minute of it. Now I’ve actually let go, I don’t care enough to force my way through it.

I totally respect that, we all play on a variance. I'm currently playing Apex and AC: Odyssey between events/expansions and this sprint event was new and refreshing enough to keep my engagement. Honestly, that's all I need right now. If it takes more for you to jump it, that's all good :)

I mean, even if you don't get the exotic it's just going in the pool. You will probably get it from Xur or randomly when you play the next big expansion. You play the game you want to play.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread