THAB 5/16/19: No Fun Allowed edition (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, May 17, 2019, 10:00 (1768 days ago) @ Ragashingo

...I'm very glad to hear than Exotics that grant Super energy are being nerfed. In some Raid encounter, it almost felt like having a Hunter with Shadow Shot and Orpheus Rigs notably was completely manditory, the fight against Shuro Chi in particular, and that never sat well with me.

As a nearly full-time Hunter, I totally agree. I'd rather run more interesting supers, but Shadow Shot is usually best for the team as it effectively turns an entire crowd of enemies into a single add and generates a ton of orbs for everyone. My biggest issue with the update, though, is probably this...

these items are so overwhelmingly strong in situations where players face off against large numbers of enemies, some activities were designed considering the use of armor such as Orpheus Rigs, Phoenix Protocol, Skull of Dire Ahamkara, etc.

We are making some changes to these armor pieces to try to preserve their power fantasy and still leave them as viable choices for difficult activities without making players feel like they must have them equipped or be at a huge disadvantage.

They mention that encounters had to be designed around overpowered gear, and that they're fixing this overpowered gear, but don't mention fixing the encounters that are currently designed for gear that won't exist after the update.

Are they going to scale back the number of enemies in encounters like Shuro Chi, so that tethers aren't as necessary to meet the tight time limit, or are they going to leave the encounter as-is and just make it so now you need more Hunters running Opulance Rigs (as I will now and forevermore be referring to the new, nerfed Orpheus Rigs) to make sure there are enough tethers for add control?

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread