THAB 5/16/19: No Fun Allowed edition (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, May 17, 2019, 19:11 (1798 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Without spoiling the raids (like it matters now but whatever), are there any boss encounters in either Riven or Scourge that differ from the “Boss has lot of health with a burn period” formula?

If I understand what you're asking, then sort of, I think.

Shuro Chi is a boss that has a lot of health, with burn periods, but her health is segmented. You can never deal more damage than a single segment per encounter with her.

Other bosses have the typical raid mechanic of "Do a thing to start a damage phase, then hurt the boss." They're not all segmented like Shuro Chi is, though. So you can do it in a single damage phase, or over multiple phases.

I'm trying to remember, has there ever been any other type of boss encounter? There's always a distinct "damage phase," isn't there?

It honestly really makes me appreciate Leviathan in a way. It stands out in a lot of ways due to its encounter design. I know a lot of people really missed fighting bosses, but, honestly, I'm not sure having what usually just amounts to a DPS check after doing the actual mechanical thing really adds much to raid encounters.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread