THAB 5/16/19: No Fun Allowed edition (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, May 18, 2019, 10:54 (1766 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That’s a fair point, but how do these nerfs help? Trinity Ghoul isn’t going to be any more useful now. The encounters haven’t changed.

They don’t help any of the encounters already in the game. My hope is that now they don’t have to consider an infinite ammo high DPS sniper rifle going forward. Raga posted a handful of better solutions, though, so now I don’t know. It’s just another example of why I’m sort of exhausted with Destiny right now. Bungie excels at a lot of things, but they really need some fresh blood for designing boss encounters.

I disagree about Whisper being difficult to use. Plenty of bosses do nothing but stand there stupidly--see half of Gambit's bosses, the Ogre in Last Wish, the final boss in Scourge of the Past, Calus (granted, Whisper didn't exist when he was designed).

I like specialization. I like having a mix of precision tools along side general all-purpose weapons. Precision tools like Whisper might be SUPER effective in very limited situations, but that’s great IMO. I gives it a reason to exist. Now it’s just another sniper rifle that takes up an exotic slot.

I’m still disappointed with the locked load out thing. The way they talked about it before launch made me think it would be much more common, and the way they handled hard mode for the raid lairs was at least a neat idea, even if it was lackluster in its implementation. I know lots would push back against implementing that more heavily, but I’d like to see them play with curated load outs a lot more.

It’s a tired comparison, but I find myself missing Halo’s sensibility more and more

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread