[The Problem of] Weapons Forever: The Problem (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, March 01, 2020, 13:30 (1507 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Read cheapLEY's post folks!

... YEAH!

Yeah.

YE-EAH!

Yah.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE... ok that's enough. :P

So... yeah (:P), I agree. Alot. Kick back to my first half where I'm talkin' about "aspiration is NOT what keeps our game alive". I all-in-all totally freek'n agree man. After reading your thoughts though, I feel like I should clarify about more on... "EFFORT".

Has anyone here had an assignment in their school days, or assigned something at work, where you put in alot of time in only for it to be canceled, changed, or dropped at the last minute? Where you were told it was "SUPER IMPORTANT" and that this thing has to be done ASAP...and then... oops silly us. Nevermind.

It sucks and situation depending, it can feel rather insulting. This isn't a 1-to-1 comparison though. Just keep it in mind as such an experience is a factor I have bouncing around at the back of me head while writing this.

Would it suck that I can no longer use my Masterworked Outlaw/Kill Clip Bygones? Eh. If I hadn't of Masterworked it, used up those resources, put time in during a free weekend to make builds off D.I.M involving it, then maybe not as much. Bygones has many ways to drop, and even if part of the "old weapons are no longer infuseable" idea includes removing the numerous sources where you can get Bygones, it's more... mildly annoying. After all, as Effortless Fury has mentioned (in a way), it's kind of... part of the "contract" of playing a "loot" game. The meta rises and falls with each loot refresh. Except for Travelers Judgement Sidearm... that sucker has ALWAYS been good, it just got missed before. The static roll with Head Seeker might have not have been meta, but it still packed a royal punch. Eh... I digress.

So... what about Redrix's Claymore? Or Mountaintop? Mindbenders? Spare Rations? Or really any sort of legendary where there were Objective Steps or RNG to overcome for the end result? Is it LITERALLY effort? I suppose that all depends on the player. I think it's safe to say some people -apparently Luke at least- are chase'n the loot. That effort of get the things is fun for some. For me, I just want to augment my play. I could care less about the loot, and care more about what the loot does. What abilities does it afford me to play with in this world? It all depends on what I want to play with that day. In the end it's all about how a person plays this game for their fun.

In either case, and undoubtedly some I've not mentioned, what you choose to play with effects your fun. Ya gotta get the thing to use the thing. Otherwise, why even bother using anything other than Traveler's Chosen (Damaged), Stubborn Oak, Headstrong, Pariah, Lost and Found, and Thistle and Yew (all of which are Basic Rarity Weapons). It's the perks, its the abilities, and it how this game moves and feels like nothing else on the market. A Gold Standard.

Before this announcement, that time for the +1 feel for the "RIGHT ROLL" for whatever weapon (or to even get your hands ON a weapon) was well spent because once it was yours, it was yours. Yet another build option in a smorgasbord of options. Now, with retrospect of the proposed announcement, was it time well spent? I guess it still is, fun was had, but if -thought experiment- you knew such a Objective Steps or RNG Earned weapon was going to be gone weather you got it or not in X amount of weeks/months... lets say per season... would that behavior change? I personally think it does, I think that changes the calculus heavily, the conclusion of which is per person.

And, AND!... depending on implementation... FOMO of not getting a chance of get ones hands on a really cool weapon! YA CAN'T WIN LUKE! BAW-HAHAHA! ;P

If we were in Year 2 of Destiny 2, then fine. They gotta do what they gotta do. YEAR 4! Man... that's rough. That's potentially a bloody massacre for a fair amount of Destiny players. The older a Destiny player you are, the greater this change potentially hurts. Guns (and their perks) are the true currency of Destiny as it is, and they are changing the value of Time Vs Effort for that currency. It's not even like Bonds where you hold 'em for a time and you get a return it's just... YEET!

Well, unless you just said F it and sharded your entire vault, like you have cheapLEY.

[image]

You may be the smartest of us all with that move cheapLEY.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread