Viable was a poor word choice (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 04, 2020, 13:49 (1514 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Yeah, 99% of weapons now are insta-shard. Random rolls woth clear Best-in-Slot perks just seems like Static Rolls with extra steps.

I'd like some examples of weapons where there are multiple viable rolls.

Literally any weapon in the game with any roll.

Competitive, but I take it you'll have the same response

Mostly, yeah. I think there are obvious good rolls and bad rolls, but I don’t even the best roll on any given weapon is going to compensate for a skill deficit.

I doubt that someone with the perfect Bygones is going to perform better than me with my crappy roll Bygones in Crucible if we’re of equal skill. They might get an extra kill here or there, and I don’t want to undersell their benefit of that. Maybe I’m totally wrong on that, it’s not like I’ve conducted a study. My general experience is that it doesn’t matter much beyond preference.

Explosive Payload might be one exception that. I can definitely tell when I’m getting hit by something with Explosive Payload, and I know it’s lost me firefights (and won me just as many after I got my Trust with it). Even that is situational, though, and most perks are even more so.

Like I said, maybe I’m way off base here. I don’t spend a whole lot of toke analyzing rolls. I know there perks I like, but I don’t have the desire to really dig into all the barrel and sight modifiers and how they affect every weapon. Do I want Range or Stability? I mostly can’t talk the difference.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread