You're right. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, March 02, 2020, 15:12 (1516 days ago) @ Kermit

That's a pretty good point, though artificially making me let go of old weapons sounds weird. I think Bungie backed itself in this corner by implementing random rolls. If everything were curated, "sweet-talking" you into using new weapons wouldn't be a problem at all.

Yes, I'm still sore the streamers got that ball rolling. Goddamn streamers...

#KermitWasRight

Uh, #cody was saying this over 6 years ago.

And the problem that random rolls solved would still be a problem, if they'd listened to you.

#kermitandcodyareoftenrightbutmaybenotinthiscase

For me it's just I hated the perk-comparison mini-game because it was inordinately time-consuming (I've never held that stuff in my head very well), and I have less time than ever (that I'm willing) to play. I never realized how much I hated it until we had static roles.

Fortunately, D2 seems to have a greater variety of options occupying lanes, so I've survived without needing to obsess.

I have nothing against anybody who enjoy this kind of complexity. It's not my thing. I stopped playing Division once it felt like crafting was required to keep up.

I hope you don't mind me invoking your name through them their rainbow connections Kerm. I came across your post when I was double checking for... something (I recall not what), and found it at the time apt in relation to ZackDarks post. To look forward, you have to look back. Learn from that "History" thing, if you can. It's a marker of how much time has passed and the result of the choices made. The title was just me being glib between the source and one of the "memes" of this site.

That said, your reasons stated are mostly my reasons as well.

I personally liked static rolls because, as I've espoused, it made things SUPER EASY to organize, even in this current system where, if you aren't using a 3rd party application - heavens help you. Every roll had a name. If you had a duplicate, it was easy to see IN VAULT. No app required. When you got hit with something hard, and you saw the name of the weapon on the other end of PvP, you knew exactly what hit you.

But, to swing this back around to the source of this topics turn, has "Bungie backed itself in this corner by implementing random rolls"? Plausibly. Though I think this has more to do with things like Pinnacle Weapons effects on our end, and Development stuffs on their end. The ultimate fear I gather is power creep and an unmanageable back end.

It's all a numbers game, with many moving parts. I hope they're pull'n the right threads. I don't know. As it stands, I'm just a player spit'n thoughts.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread